Saturday, February 18, 2012

2012 planner cover (DIY)

This year I went out to look for a nice planner with which to organize my hectic life.....I couldn't seem to find much in the way of a planner, so I decided to make my own.  I started with a blank sketchbook.  I wanted the cover to scream country girl, and be something that I liked, so I'd want to use my planner....well, here's what I came up with...


Different components:
  • the background is scrapbook paper that was mod podged on there
  • the cowgirl silhouette was cut (using a pattern) from fabric and applied in the same manner as the paper
  • the strip of fabric on the left side was also applied using mod podge
  • the tag on the bottom right was made following a tutorial I found over at Bursts of Creativity.  Check it out here.


I had so much fun making this....I added my favorite cowgirl boot stamp to mine to give it a little extra flair.
So much fun made possible by mod podge....love that stuff!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!!! I love each and every comment you wonderful readers leave!!!
-p.s.- feel free to follow :)