Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Busy with Farm Life!

It's been 10 days since I've posted a single thing!!!!  Shame, shame, shame!  Well what is my problem anyhow?     :)   How much time does it take to put up a simple blog post?!  :)
This time of year is usually crazy busy for us farmers.  We've got seed that's got to go into the ground, and that involves a lot of field work.....tilling, fertilizing, tilling.   Occasionally we'll have to clean up a few fence lines, because of trees that took a fall during the winter months.  I'm pleased to say we're finishing up putting our corn in the ground today!  That will leave soybeans to be put in.  Hopefully we'll be making hay soon as well!  It's that time of year again! 

The weather has been so lovely...I adore summer!!!!!!!  I have been trying to get the last of my garden planted too.  I'm sure I'll be posting about that a little later on.  Speaking of posting, I wanted to put this up, so you'd know I was still around, and haven't slipped into oblivion or something like that.  I'm hoping to get the last post in my cupcake series up within the next few days.
Last week, in between doing chores and regular around the farm work, I was scrambling to finish a rag quilt for my best friend's graduation.  I'll be doing a post about that too.  But that will have to wait for about a week yet.
So, what've you all got goin on keepin you busy?  Tell me about it!  :)  In the mean time, you have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!!! I love each and every comment you wonderful readers leave!!!
-p.s.- feel free to follow :)