Sunday, April 10, 2011

Turtleneck just got Cuter!!!


I've done two sweater refashions this week...both of which I'm super excited to share with you.  Today you get this one!    It's pretty basic. 


Yep, this is what I started out with. 
(*side note*-  that's my favorite fleece, jersey cow blanket in the background.  :)
There wasn't that much chopping required for this fun little sweater.  I cut off the turtleneck part, then cut down the middle, and rounded up the top of the front a little.  After that, I turned in the edges about a half of an inch.  Then sewed about a fourth inch from the edge--a medium to long straight stitch.


(sorry about the fuzziness...camera died on me right when I needed it)
  For added fray protection I sewed again, about an eighth of an inch in from that.  That's it!  You could wear it just as a basic black cardigan...or, if your sweater loved to stretch, like mine did, you could tie a fun little knot in front as shown in the following pictures!  ;)


neon?!?!!



 (p.s.- sorry I keep chopping my face out of these pictures.....bad hair day!)
Hope you now have some more inspiration for your refashioning projects!!!




10 comments:

  1. What a cute refashion!! I did about 8 refashions from clothes from my closet before we left on our trip. They sure were fun to do and no money spent! The only problem was it was so cold in Oregon they were hid under a coat the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are new followers. thanks for linking up. great idea. i love refashions!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so talented. I wish I could sew like this. anyway, I am giving you the versatile blogger award. you can view it at my blog. congrats! I hope you haven't already recieved it.

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally impressive wow! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!!!!!
    ~Terry
    www.mossandclover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Rita Jean. Ooh, this is super pretty! Thanks for a fun tutorial, I am excited to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute idea! Thanks so much for linking it up to Try it Tuesday! Can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow!! Hope ya have a great Monday!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by!!! I love each and every comment you wonderful readers leave!!!
-p.s.- feel free to follow :)