Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sweater to Tank

Ta-da!!!!  There it is!  I love it....although the whole horizontal stripes thing isn't really me....it sure beats what it looked like before.

Definitely not something you'd want to be seen in, right?
Now comes the part were I usually show you what I did.....however, I didn't take any in between pictures for this project, so I'm going to have to talk you through it.
The first thing I cut off were the sleeves.  Save these, you'll use them for the straps in a little bit.  Then, I cut the front of the shirt as I've drawn here in the black:

Sorry, I actually can draw fairly well....just not with a computer.  :)
I cut about the same height in the back, except straight across instead of curvy.
The green shows were I had to take the shirt in some and sew it.
After I got that done, I took some extra wide bias tape and folded that on the top raw edges of the shirt, and sewed that on.   Then I cut the blue-and-tan-mix stripe out of each sleeve so I had two rectangles of it.  I folded each of them right side in and sewed them and then flipped them inside out.  I then attached them to the shirt for the straps for the tank top.  It was a bit too bulky for my sewing machine to handle, so I ended up sewing them on by hand.  Anyways....that's what I did...if you can make sense of all that! 




There!  I finally left my face in a picture for you!  Don't you just love my cowboy hat?  :)


 

7 comments:

  1. Great Job! I love it as a tank top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing transformation! This sweater tank looks adorable!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! It looks tons better as a tank!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow ! you did a great job, that looks really cool!

    Thanks
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite an impressive job you did of altering that sweater, there. You're right--it is MUCH BETTER as a tank than as a sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! Thanks for entering the giveaway on my blog:) Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That's impressive!! Looks great! !Thanks so much for linking up to Try it Tuesday! Hope to see you tomorrow!! Have a happy Monday!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by!!! I love each and every comment you wonderful readers leave!!!
-p.s.- feel free to follow :)