Thursday, March 24, 2011

this, that, and where I'm at!

My friend is in Florida right now, and she emailed this beautiful picture to me!  Doesn't it make you want to grab a swimsuit and go lay out in the sun?  That's what I was thinking when I had to bundle up to go outside this morning. 
Tis a long week thus far!!!!  I haven't done any sewing this week....and for a somewhat good reason!  I got a new sewing machine!!!!!!!!  Yes, I'm super excited!  It isn't new, new, but it's only a year old....so that's new enough for me.  It's fancier than anything I've ever worked with.  I've read through the instruction manual once, but I'm afraid once won't be enough.  It's got so many features and buttons!!! 
It kinda looks like this, except I think it's made by a different company.  I suppose I'll have to say goodbye to my other poor old sewing machine, Matilda.  I named her Matilda, so that when she was sewing away, I could sing Waltzing Matilda to her.  (Yeah, I'm not exactly normal!) 
I'll have to come up with a suitable name for this new baby! 
I'm hoping to do another refashion project soon. I've collected a bunch of inspirational links and photos.  Now it's just--finding the victim and getting to work.  Somewheres between my drawing, chores, quilting, and what-not I'll get it done!
Until next time.....Happy Farming!!! 
 ( Or sewing, crafting, or blogging...whichever applies to you   :)

7 comments:

  1. I must post some photo's soon of the beautiful beaches here in Queensland. You will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rita. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I love the picture of Florida. I went to high school in Florida. The picture reminds me of Destin beach. so beautiful. Thanks for taking me back to a great time. lol. I'm totally following you now. Be sure to stop by tomorrow to find out my picks for fash fave and fash fail of the week.

    xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
    follow.love.comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful beach picture!! nice 'new' sewing machine too! i have one like it and it's a gem...sews well and smoothly. you're gonna love it! have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i saw you picture of the beach and then the picture of sewing machine and i just coudn't put the two together!

    But after reading your story it all made sense!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and i hope you to see you lot's!!!
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, that beach picture is lovely, congrats on the new machine and I wanted to thank you for your comforting works on my blog I really appreciate your taking the time to lift me up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your sweet post, i'm glad to have you!! Hope your shirt comes out nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that you sing to your sewing machine!! :)

    What kind is your new one? I'm thinking I want to upgrade my machine soon but not 100% sure what I want/need.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by!!! I love each and every comment you wonderful readers leave!!!
-p.s.- feel free to follow :)