Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Laptop Slip-Cover

This little project is a sort of present for my dad.  He leaves his laptop out 24/7 and it gets rather dusty.  I made this little cover so his computer can stay nice and dust free!


It's very simple to make.  Just cut out a rectangle that big enough, when folded in half, to fit your laptop inside.  Then, fold the ends, and sew them, so you'll have a nice opening edge.  Next fold the whole thing in half, right side in,  so your sewn edges match, then sew the two remaining raw edges, like so...


Flip it so right side is out, and *ta-da*  you're done!  No more dust piling up on your laptop.   I chose to make it so it didn't close, because my dad likes to keep his computer plugged in.


By the way, don't you love the cowhide?  It's actually suede.  I think it looks so neat!!!
I've not gotten too much else done lately, thanks to me doing something to a muscle in my neck...made for a sore, stiff couple of days.  I felt good enough today to whip this up on my lovely new sewing machine.  First use it has seen by me.  I love it to death!!! 
Well, hope you like this little creation.  See y'all later!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the cowhide! will have to make one, too, for the DH's new laptop. thanks for the inspiration!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice = can't have enough animal print is my motto. New follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!! My sister has the same problem, do I might have to whip one of these up for her aswell! Thanks so much for linking up to Try it Tuesday at DotDotDot! I will bbe featuring this!
    Tasha
    PS~Hope your neck starts to feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by!!! I love each and every comment you wonderful readers leave!!!
-p.s.- feel free to follow :)