Friday, January 28, 2011

crochet shawl

This past summer I took it upon myself to learn how to crochet.  A few other people had tried to teach me, but I just couldn't get it.  I watched a free tv shows on crochet, and before long, I had learned a few basic stitches. 
Earlier this month, I wanted to crochet something that would be an attainable challenge for me.  I came across the book :  Amazing Crochet Lace   by Doris Chan.  All the projects in that book looked so beautiful, I just had to try one.  So I chose the pattern for the shawl that is featured on the front cover.  Here's a picture of the finished product.
I think it turned out pretty nice.  It is by no means a perfect work of art, but that's ok!  (Forgive me, but I just had to include my favorite cowboy hat in the picture.  Don't you just love it?!?)
When I was first looking over all the instructions, I wondered if I'd ever get it finished.  After diving right in and taking things one round at a time, I can say this was definately a lot easier to crochet than I ever imagined. 
The pattern called for a grean tea colored yarn.  However, I ran accross this chocolate shimmer yarn and just had to use it.  It made the shawl absolutely perfect for my taste!

If you love to crochet, you need to take a look at Doris Chan's book.  It is one of the best of it's kind! 
I have one other picture to show you of my lovely shawl.
Now, I have a question for you!  What's your favorite crochet book and what have you made from it?

1 comment:

  1. The shawl looks lovely. You have done a very good job. Hoping too see more crochet from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by!!! I love each and every comment you wonderful readers leave!!!
-p.s.- feel free to follow :)